It’s Q&A time! In this episode, Bryce Holdaway and Ben Kingsley will be addressing some topics on:
– Finance related question from Kat : Would you please explain more about using equity? E.g. I heard from a broker that one needs to refinance the loan on the existing property (PPOR or investment) – does this mean the old property and the new one to be purchased are tied together? Some suggest using Line of Credit to get equity out. To assess the equity available, does one first need to pay for a valuation report on the existing property?
– Leverage question from Naomi : I am considering selling my investment property in order to pay off the mortgage on my family home leaving me debt free and with the ability to then use all the money I currently pay on the family home mortgage for investment purposes with tax deductible debt. Is this a good strategy? Is there a better alternative you would recommend?
– Investing strategy questions from Andy : Investing for demolition and reconstruction vs capital gain. Is it worth buying an older property close to the coast however a little further out from the city to sit on with the view to demolish with a larger land size or to invest in a more expensive smaller property which could be a little closer to the city.
– Buying a Home question from Tom : I’d love to hear a podcast on your advice to first home buyers – whether that be best ways to save for the deposit, traps to avoid, or some type of plan for young home buyers – for example I’ve just start work as a property valuer in Melbourne for the last 5 months, and my girlfriend of a few years finishes studies later this year and we have the hopes of buying our first home together in 18 months or so.
– Investing question from Andrew : Guys, just wondering what your thoughts are on buying an investment property that is potentially going to be tenanted by a relative? A relative has their lease ending in a few months, and i see this as an opportunity to buy an investment with a secured tenant (all through the proper rental channels i.e REIQ rental agreement). I think the opportunity definitely outweighs the risks. What’s your thoughts?
To get access to the resources mentioned in this podcast: http://wp.me/p5M5kp-fQ